Friday, August 18, 2006

PICTURES!!!


my roomie had a handy dandy little card reader, so i'm able to post some pics early!


enjoy!
















hanging out at the pool the day before i left for ShangHai in L.A.














chillin' at LAX for about 3 hours in line waiting for underpaid, underintellegent peons to look through our bags just to make sure my toothpaste isn't a bomb...
















funny story, i got my last McDonalds for a year at the airport, and my BigMac only had one patty on it... figures... f.u. McDonalds...






























here were my two airplane meals... um... yeah... you can tell by the pics how awesome they were... i.e. not awesome at all...


















first sign of China... coastal ShangHai...
























??? i don't get it... so i used it to try to figure it out... didn't help...

















uh, maybe it's me, but BeiJing is really frickin' poluted!






















here's the sweet bathrooms for #2's... also, no T.P.... i've had better...



TianAn'Min Square...










































Nice and Chinese...
















Scuba Steve Rockin' Out in China... possibly my favorite picture ever!



Forbidden City...



















































Not forbidden enough! i got in for 5 bukcs! sucka's!

















they wouldn't let my bugel through this toll station... i was sooo mad! either that or they didn't want people honking... i dunno... i never got my bugel back though...
















the Chinese eat communal meals where they share all the food on the table... probably because they are Communists... or something... they have this fun food wheel that you spin around and food magically appears with a note from Mao saying 'Mao Now or Spankings for all!!!' ... is that a promise or a threat?

















this is what i see when my google homepage opens up... weird...
















this giant bowl of 'nui rou la mian,' which means 'beef noodles,' was 3.5 yuen... at 1 yuen @ 12 American Cents, that means i ate a full meal for $0.40... i love China!
































and finally, for now, a couple of yummy snack i picked up from the local corner store... teeth grinding sticks... i still don't know what these are for... maybe like a human equivolent of a doggie bone? and these yummy pickled chicken feet... both delightful!

more soon! i love you all!

14 Comments:

Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

nice!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO sorry I missed your phone call; I got convinced by Verizon that I should turn my phone off at least once a day so I've gotten into the bad habit of leaving it off & forgetting about it . . . anyway, I went dancing last night; & cooking up some beef & potatoes & peas after dancing & making an applesauce cake & stayed up 'til 5 am. So I was actually sleeping when you called--but I would have GLADLY waked up to talk to you! It was great to hear your voice & I've been following your wonderful blog--fabulous pix, Jev--keep them coming, dear heart--I adore following your amazing adventures! Much love, Mom

Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

oh mom, you are so sweet! i'll try to call again soon! love ya!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I may have missed your call again--drats!! I got this humongously long phone number on my cell phone; I had the phone in the car because I was contra dancing--time said 11:18 p.m. Anyway, Jev, I tried calling that number back but Verizon said "call can't go through as dialed". So, I assume I can't call you back; didn't even know that you could call us! Do you have to purchase a phone card or how does it work? And Jev, wondering if this is the best way to communicate or do you also use your email jev_forsberg@hotmail.com? I don't mind using this blog posting but I don't want to embarrass you with these various notes from your Mom for all to read! Let me know the best way to stay in touch, OK? Much love, Mom

Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Jev, I don't know if you tried phoning Dad or not, but he left from work on Friday & stayed the whole weekend down in Northfield, MN at Carleton College where he's helping to plan their 40th alumni reunion.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mark said...

jev Dogg, I'm going to miss out motorWorks trips this year. Maybe you could fly back here :) Have a good time and buy me some 12 cent meals.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Dan Sievers said...

Hey man... glad to get your call. I was hoping they would only get the toothpaste and not the other liquid goodness you had hidden in your socks.

I read your blog and I relive my last two visits to the Eastern Empire. I'm sure you've had plenty of good laughs. Just reading signs alone is hilarious. Last time I was there we met a guy who was traveling around doing a semester abroad just studying the signs/billboards/etc. of China. He had some hiiiilarious stuff. Enjoy bro and I'll see you soon... or, whenever you tell me to come. Dan

Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so can u send any of those yummy china snax home??? ...i checked and king soopers can't order any teeth grinding stix ;o)
colorado misses u much!!!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

i would love to send some food home... if going to the post office wasn't like going to Wal-Mart on a heavy Saturday in some hicki-filled podunk town... and it was 105 degrees... and the lines were insane... and no one spoke english... other than that, i would love to!

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scuba,
Post doesn't seem to be going through. Cut off after 1 tiny minute on phone with you; can you call back? L, Jan G.

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stefano,

Words cannot express the regret that I have for missing your phone calls... your timing simply couldn't be any poorer. The first call must have come in exactly as I was dialing out, because I got the voicemail immediately afterwards but had no record of your actual call. Then I was in Binghamton and my phone battery was dead, and this morning I was in the friggin' shower when (I assume, based on the 15 digit call-back number) you called. Curses!

If you'll give me another chance, I'll promise to to not make any outgoing calls, and to bring the phone into the shower with me... while plugged in, so that the battery doesn't die. Sound good?

Ithaca misses you! Oh, and MN will too when I'm there for Jewey's wedding on Saturday - maybe I'll swing thru the McD's and see if they hook me up with 9 apple pies for old times sake.

Wo hen baoqian,
-m00n-

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sugarman Foghorn said...
Dear Scuba Steve,

Please make certain that your Mom & Dad back in the Old Country know how to contact you in case they start to get nervous about your "scuba diving" (nudge, nudge, hint, hint, wink, wink, - know what ah mean, know what ah mean???).

-- Your friend, the 60-yo folk dancer & former soccer player, & poetry spouter whose father died in 1999!

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

i don't have an address yet, but soon hopefully!

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mark said...

it is so great that you have been calling everyone but me. Cry cry.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home